Great Gift Ideas for Beer Lovers!
There is a wide variety of beer glassware to choose from, and they each have their own unique characteristics. In fact, some glassware is designed specifically to help preserve the foam head of your beer, while others are designed to help enhance the colors of your brew. It’s important to remember that it’s more than just a glass that holds your beer; it’s a delivery mechanism that brings out the unique flavors, colors and aroma of your favorite beer. The type of glass you use has the ability to make or break your overall experience.
KC Ale Trail is the first book to explore 23 modern craft breweries in greater Kansas City and the surrounding region.
KC-based author Pete Dulin's book shares stories of craft brewers and founders along with color photographs, striking brewery and beer label graphics, a trail map, and Trail Talk interviews with others connected to local craft brewing.
Pete has written for numerous magazines, newspapers, and websites including The Kansas City Star, The Boston Globe, Star Magazine, Present Magazine, and Feast Magazine. He is also the author of Last Bite: 100 Simple Recipes from Kansas City's Best Chefs and Cooks. We are pleased to have him back at Rimann Liquors.
A tulip glass with the iconic
Smokestack logo. The shape of this glass concentrates the aroma of the beer and is perfect for drinking a Tank 7 or any other Smokestack Series beer.
Spiegelau Left Hand Stout Glass
“Spiegelau is thrilled to have worked with both Left Hand Brewing and Rogue Ales in creating the world’s first stout-specific beer glass. Their expertise in the development of this unique glass was invaluable.” – Matthew Rutkowski, VP of Spiegelau
- Stark, angular shape and open base creates dramatic visual cascading effect into glass as beer is poured
- Voluminous, open bottom glass base drives beer and aromatic foam upward into main bowl
- Ultra pure quartz material makes for unsurpassed clarity and flawless, true color presentation of stout beer
- Wider, conical bowl significantly amplifies aromas and also provides superior flow to mid palate, improving the taste, mouth feel and finish of complex stout beers
It is no secret that craft brewers and beer lovers have developed a taste for hoppy IPAs.
Riedel Crystal, family-owned glassmakers since 1756 and their subsidiary Spieglau, have developed the “go-to vessel for IPA beers”. With input from two of the leading IPA brewers in the USA, Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head and Ken Grossman of Sierra Nevada, Spieglau has designed a new standard for IPA beer glassware, showcasing the varying aromatic profiles for the American “hop forward’ IPA beer, while preserving a frothy head and volatiles and maintaining a comfortably wide opening for the drinker to “nose” the beer.
“Hop-forward beers are close to our hearts, and we’ve had fun figuring out how to best highlight an IPA’s nuances,” says Ken Grossman, Sierra Nevada’s founder. “We imagine hopheads will enjoy giving the glass a try.”The new glass features the following characteristics that the respective breweries, along with the glass producer believe will enhance the enjoyment of the style.
- Thin, round walls to maintain proper temperature longer.
- A slender, bowed shape to amplify hop aromas.
- Wave-like ridges to aerate beer on its way in and out of the glass.
- A wide mouth, allowing drinkers to comfortably nose the beer.
- A laser-etched logo on the bottom of the bowl to sustain carbonation and head.
We carry many styles of pint glasses including
Sporting KCBoulevard Pint glasses!